Chicken Apple Meatballs are a perfect recipe for little ones who have just started with solid food. This recipe, in addition to minced meat, incorporates apples and Greek yogurt, you will see that they are juicy and very soft.
The apple brings a lot of juiciness to the meatballs , making them tender and with a very rich flavor. It is a very simple recipe, somewhat laborious, but if we are careful to prepare the applesauce in advance, we will save time.
We have prepared a step by step so that it is very easy for you to follow this recipe for chicken meatballs with apple . You know that chicken is a meat that children really like because of its mild flavor.
Apple Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- 1 chopped chicken breast
- 1/2 onion cut into very small pieces
- 1 pippin apple grated
- 1 egg M
- 1 greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 1 apple cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
How to make Apple Chicken Meatballs
We make meatballs with apple
- Put the minced chicken meat in a bowl and add the chopped fresh onion. We mix well.
- Add the grated apple, an egg and a Greek yogurt.
- Mix everything well and finally add the breadcrumbs.
- Knead until all the ingredients come together and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
We cook the meatballs
- After the time, we flour our hands to prevent the meat from sticking and we form our little balls.
- Let’s pour a few drops of olive oil in the pan, fry the meatballs, which will be raw inside.
- We finish cooking the meatballs in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 180º, heat up and down (preheated oven).
- Peel the apple and cut into slices.
- Add the apple pieces to a saucepan with water, about half of the apples (it does not need to cover them completely), a little water, two tablespoons of sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Bring the pan to the heat and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- After some time the apple will be undone. We pass through a mill and that’s it.
How to Serve Apple Chicken Meatballs
We serve the chicken meatballs with apple piping hot and accompanied by a little bit of applesauce.
If you have the opportunity to buy at the butcher’s, ask them to mince your chicken breast there, this way you avoid the meat containing preservatives.
We could do all the cooking of the meatballs in the oven, but by frying them to seal them and finishing cooking in the oven, they are even juicier.
For the apple puree, if you find pippin apple, it comes out very tasty, because this variety goes very well with meat.
Let’s eat chicken meatballs with applesauce tonight !
You might be interested in the followings:-
- Snacks for children fun for a tube! Recipes for Kids
- Fish Cake With mashed potatoes for kids at Pet Pooja.